Saturday, January 23, 2010

Optician Job Description Is It Fair To Expect An Employee To Do Someone Else's Job?

Is it fair to expect an employee to do someone else's job? - optician job description

I am a physician assistant to an ophthalmologist. Since I started this job, I am often asked to do the work in the optics. At any time held view is (often) several times a day, patients (usually) within days or personal leave, and for 2 months if we are not an optician.
That bothers me because I am not an optician, I like it a medical assistant. I've tried, but was never a sense of style or sale under lenses. In addition, an optician is a bit more than most medical assistants, at least in my area and I think my boss is cheap and makes it instead of setting a 2nd optically.
I introduced myself and was employed as an assistant, is the work I like and want. It was never informed that the work is always of the opinion and was not included in my job description or duties.
I do not want to smoke, without first talking to my boss for him the first address. I personally think it is unfair that my boss expects me to do someone elses job WHThinking is not only that, but I have never accepted first. Before going with him, but I know I'm very moody?

3 comments:

Mishka-Q said...

I speak to your boss about it. Let them know that you do with the tasks that are not trained, and I do not understand are unpleasant. If you say you do not, they can be very hard. You should never do with work that is not in your description, and they were not paid to do. I suggest you all write in a diary ... I know this might sound silly, but if things go pear-shaped has a calendar, if an employee is absent or ill, what tasks had to do it, and helps to show your boss, or, if necessary, a lawyer.

Sometimes there is a shortage of staff and I am sure that I understand, but I do not think that your challenging if it is something that the current and your work will be removed and lead their normal duties.

sprinkle... said...

that could accurately

Mel P said...

Maybe it's not fair, but it is typical. Most job descriptions a row, something like "all other duties assigned to him said." Your boss is cheap? Probably. Perhaps you are involved a different perspective. You must be able to afford to reject this perspective.

I assume you take into account the local market prior to departure, if that is their plan. Economists are forecasting situation will get worse before they better. I know that the unemployed, more than ever qualified in my life, and I'm 45th Just drag an idea considered.

I can also say that many people have time in my life, my bosses have unrealistic expectations. But when I work with this, always remember that I was learning new skills that might one day be found to contribute to my dream job. And in fact, I have finally learned that he was right on this point.

Post a Comment